Lutz Mueller, Ph.D.
Areas of Technical Expertise:
- Operating systems: LINUX, UNIX, Mac OS X, Win32, various RTOS's .
- Programming language virtual machine and interpreter design and development.
- Multivariate statistics, statistical pattern recognition, computer simulation,
financial modeling, Operations Research, AI.
- Embedded and robotics systems in the video and LSI manufacturing industry.
- Hardware level software design and development.
- Data acquisition and process control in the medical and manufacturing industries.
Areas of Management and Other Expertise:
- People and project management, hiring, scheduling, budgeting and reporting.
- General business management including financial and accounting matters,
project planning, acquisition and negotiation.
- Technology consulting, strategy planning, policy design and company evaluation.
- Working on standard committees.
Management and Software Development Experience:
- 2002 - present NUEVATEC, fulltime
newLISP development and consulting (since 2011 in Pasadena, CA).
- 2005 - 2006 Kozoru Inc.,
newLISP training and development. Focus on distributed computing and development of
statistical natural language parsing and sentence searching algorithms.
- 2001 - 2002 Director of Engineering Comstock Systems Corporation (San Jose, CA).
Development of time series forecasting algorithms for computer resources
management software, modeling of computer storage networks configurations.
- 1999 - 2001 Director of Software Engineering Lumina Decision Systems (Los Gatos, CA).
Development of next generation 'Analytica' statistical modeling and
simulation software. Development of visual knowledge management software
in Java. Developed Analytica Decision Engine simulation scripting language and VM in Java.
- 1992 - present NUEVATEC, consulting.
Developed FORTH-like compiled scripting language for x86 and 68xxx family
of microprocessors (1999). Developed Lisp language development environment
'newLISP', which is a popular Open Source Lisp for MS Windows and Linux.
Developed Prolog like expert system development environment 'RuleTalk' (1991).
The software was reviewed in PC-AI magazine (1992).
- 1996 - 1999 Consultant for Snap-On Diagnostics (San Jose, CA).
Development of new unified software architectures for automotive diagnostic
computer equipment. Prototype development for wireless car diagnostic
and internet connected vehicles.
- 1995 - 1996 Senior Staff Engineer EDGE Diagnostic Systems/Snap-On (Sunnyvale,CA).
Development and localization of automobile diagnostic software for hand
- 1994 - 1995 Manager Quality Assurance NOVELL Corp. (Scotts Valley, CA).
Managing the International QA group for the QuattroPro Spreadsheet product.
- 1992 - 1993 Contractor , DESIGN Animation (Mountain View).
Development of Scheduling / Sequencing / Robotics software for LCD-Display
production cluster for Motorola.
- 1992 - 1993 Staff Software Engineer, AMPEX Corp (Redwood City, CA).
Development of video compression and filtering software simulations.
- 1991 - 1992 Staff Software Engineer, AMPEX Corp. (Redwood City, CA).
Development of embedded control software for new digital and compression
based video recorder. Circuit board test language interpreter for testing
hardware boards in aidio/video equipment.
- 1989 - 1991 Quality Ass. Manager, AMPEX Corp. (Redwood City, CA).
Establishing a Software Quality Assurance Department in AMPEX’s Automated
Recording Systems division. Determining Software Quality policies, testing
strategies and methodologies.
- 1987 - 1989 Senior Software Engineer, AMPEX Corp. (Redwood City, CA).
Lead programmer on ACR-225 video spot player an embedded system controlling
digital videotape recorders and videocassette robotics. Responsibilities
included UI design and design and implementation of fault tolerant
resource allocation of redundant subsystems.
Received a shared Emmy Award from the National Academy of Television Arts and
Sciences for the software programming lead on the ACR-225 video spot player
project in 1990.
- 1986 - 1987 Project leader, Baron Data Systems (San Leandro, CA).
Developed programs for inter systems communications, device drivers, utilities
and portable program system interfaces for different microcomputer standards,
using 'C' and assembler.
- 1983 - 1986 Partner, Doty & Mueller Associados S.A. de C.V. (El Salvador).
Managed development and implementation of broad range of commercial, industrial
and governmental microcomputer applications for automotive retailing,
department stores, sugar and coffee industry, construction industry
and health ministry. Over 100 accounts, top consulting
firm in El Salvador.
- Ph.D. Magna Cum Laude with thesis in statistical pattern recognition.
- Postgraduate studies in Computer Science / Informatics.
- Masters degree in Psychology.
- All studies at University of Hamburg, Germany.
- Work experience in USA, Latin America and Germany
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English, Spanish and German.
copyright © Lutz Mueller, 2014